“Women: For a life without violence” (April 2006) A special report featuring news and analysis on this grave, and often overlooked, human rights violation.
This report focuses on:
- Prevalence of violence against women in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Causes of violence against women
- Increase in femicides
- Abuses suffered by female factory workers in Central America
- Gender violence in times of armed conflict
- Girls trapped into the sex trade
- Weak laws and impunity for these violations
We hope that this report draws attention to these crimes and contributes to a greater understanding of the trend, promoting action to put it to an end.
The complete or partial reproduction of these articles is permitted as long as we are credited and sent a copy.
Below you will find each of the individual articles from the report, or click on one of the following icons to download a copy of the report in either Microsoft Word or in pdf format.