The FIFA Best awards distribution ceremony was held last night in Paris with Leo Messi winning the best award for men’s footballer of the year comfortably adding another individual recognition to his name. Reveal all the details of the event that unfolded last night and learn who won the FIFA Best Award 2022 in each category.
After winning the biggest prize in Football FIFA World Cup 2022 and leading Argentina to long-awaited glory the magnificent Lionel Messi has claimed another individual prize. The Argentine was declared the winner of the best player award for the year 2022 on Monday in a ceremony in Paris.
It was a battle between PSG’s Kylian Mbappe, Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, and PSG’s Argentine maestro Messi. Leo secure the award with 52 points in the voting tally while Mbappe finished second with 44. The French striker Karim Benzema finished third with 32 points.
Who Won The FIFA Best Award 2022 – Major Highlights
The FIFA Best player 2022 awards winners have been revealed yesterday in the gala event on February 27, 2023 (Monday) in Paris. To no one’s surprise, Leo Messi won the Best FIFA men’s Player award and Barcelona captained Alexia Putellas won the Best FIFA Women’s Player Award 2022.
The amazing Messi claimed the award by beating his PSG teammate Mbappe and the Ballon d’Or winner Karim Benzema. Messi won the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar and was named best player of the tournament as well.
It is the second time Messi has won this award for his mesmerizing performances during the period of 8 August 2021 to 18 December 2022 equaling Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski’s massive feat at the FIFA awards.
7 times a Ballon d’Or winner and probably the greatest player of all time according to many football fans has claimed his 77th individual award last adding another big achievement to his huge collection. He was overwhelmed by receiving the recognition and thanked his teammates after receiving the award from the FIFA president.
This has been a tremendous year for me, and it’s a great honor to be here and win this award.” I couldn’t accomplish this without my teammates.” “The World Cup has been a dream for so long,” Messi said, referring to the title that was won in December. “Only a few people can accomplish that, and I have been fortunate to do so.”
Messi now holds the records for most goals in La Liga (474), most goals in La Liga and European league season (50), most hat-tricks in La Liga (36) and UEFA Champions League (8), and most assists in La Liga (192), a La Liga season (21) and Copa América (17).
In addition, he holds the record for the most goals scored by a South American male in international competitions (98). A single club record for the most goals scored by a player (672) belongs to Messi, who has over 750 senior career goals for club and country. He also 6 European golden boots and 7 Ballon d’Or to his name as well.
FIFA The Best 2022 Winner List
Here are all the winners of FIFA the best awards for their performances in 2022.
- Lionel Messi (PSG/Argentina) – The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2022
- Alexia Putellas (Barcelona/Spain) – The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2022
- Lionel Scaloni (Argentina) – The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2022
- Sarina Wiegman (England) – The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2022
- Emiliano Martínez (Aston Villa/Argentina) – The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper 2022
- Mary Earps (England/Manchester United) – The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper 2022
- Marcin Oleksy (POL/Warta Poznan) – FIFA Puskas Award for the most spectacular goal in 2022
- Argentinian fans – FIFA Fan Award 2022
- Luka Lochoshvili – FIFA Fair Play Award 2022
As expected, the Argentines dominated by winning various awards after their epic FIFA world cup triumph as the national team coach Lionel Scaloni won the manager of the year and Emi Martinez won the goalkeeper of the year along with Messi’s best player award. Also, the Argentine’s passionate fans won the Fan Award for showing up in big numbers in all the matches of the Football World Cup 2022.
FIFPRO Men’s World 11 2022
Along with the awards FIFA also announced the 2022 FIFA FIFPRO Men’s World 11 which had the following superstars.
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid, Belgium)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City/Bayern Munich, Portugal)
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool, Netherlands)
- Achraf Hakimi (Paris Saint-Germain, Morocco)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid/Manchester United, Brazil)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City, Belgium)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid, Croatia)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid, France)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund/Manchester City, Norway)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain, France)
- Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain, Argentina)
As promised, we have revealed who won the FIFA best award 2022 for all the nominations including all the major highlights of the gala show held last night. We conclude the post here feel free to share your thoughts on using the comments.