Want to learn how to hide Facebook profile picture and make it private? Then you have come to the right place to know every possible way. Facebook from Meta has evolved with time and has introduced many new features. To provide privacy and security, it has added the feature making the profile private and profile picture access limited.
Facebook popularly referred to as FB is used by many millions of people on a daily basis and it has billions of monthly active users. Almost every person who uses a smartphone has a Facebook account with some wanting to make everything public and others interested in keeping everything private.
FB gives options to set your own privacy settings. From profile pictures to stories, you can set limited access to who you want them to share with and choose settings of your choice. Although there have been a lot of questions and investigations around Meta’s private data policies, the number of users has increased in the last few years.
Table of Contents
How to Hide Facebook Profile Picture – Is it Possible to Conceal a Profile Image?
If you are wondering how to make Facebook profile picture not visible to public then don’t worry because we will tell you how to hide the profile picture from the public and enable these settings whether you are using FB on mobile or PC.
On Facebook, you can hide your photos on your timeline in different ways. You get to choose who sees them, manage what you share, or save them in an archive to keep them private from others. Similarly, you can limit the access of your profile picture as well and prevent other people from using your image.
But remember that Facebook follows a public information policy which means certain details like your name, gender, username, user ID (account number), profile picture, and cover photo cannot be hidden from others. The only thing you can do is to use PFP or remove your profile picture. You can also turn on the profile picture guard to restrict anyone from taking a screenshot.
Your current profile picture is visible to everyone and you can’t hide it. However, you have the option to hide or change the audience of the post that tells your friends when you change your profile picture. Limiting the audience on a timeline, you can run Facebook without a profile to keep everything private.
Likewise, your Facebook cover photo, the image at the top of your profile is seen by everyone because it’s public info. You can’t hide it but just like with your profile picture (PFP), you can remove or hide the posts that tell others when you change your cover photo.
How to Make Your Facebook Profile Private Using Phone and PC
Whether you use FB on mobile or PC there is an option to make your profile private by choosing the audience. Here we will discuss both ways so that you have no problems limiting the access to your FB posts.
- Open the Facebook app on your device
- Go to Settings and tap on the Privacy Checkup option
- Now tap on Who can see what you share option
- Then tap on Continue
- Select the privacy setting that suits you best by tapping on the options in the dropdown menu to the right. Afterward, tap on Next at the bottom. Choose ‘only me’ if you want no one to see what you share
- Head over to Facebook website facebook.com
- Select the upside-down triangle (Account Settings) located in the upper-right corner.
- Then click on Settings and go to Privacy Settings
- You can customize privacy settings for various features now. Modify the settings according to your privacy preferences. To do this, click on the blue Edit button (or anywhere in the row) to adjust your privacy settings.
How to Hide a Picture on Facebook
If you want to hide a particular picture on FB, follow the listed instructions.
- Open Facebook on your mobile or PC
- Head over to your Profile and go to the images
- Open the image you want to hide by using the View Image option or simply tapping on it
- Now click/tap on the Three Dots in the top right corner and select Edit Audience
- Then set it ‘Only Me’ option to completely hide it from all the connected people
You might also want to know Is Mr Beast Plinko App Real or Fake
Hopefully, you now know how to hide Facebook profile picture or is it possible to make it private. We discussed the possible ways to protect the profile picture on FB and limit the audiences. That’s all we have for this one if you have other queries, share them through comments.